World of Concrete will offer instructional courses in Spanish next year as the show begins a new partnership with the National Hispanic Contractors Association.
“We are excited to be working with the National Hispanic Contractors Association at the upcoming World of Concrete event,” Senior Show Manager Kevin Archibald said. “The Hispanic and Latin community plays such a vital role in the concrete and masonry construction industries, and we want to ensure we are aligning ourselves with organizations that share the same mission.”
Archibald said World of Concrete’s goal is to produce “a more inclusive event” that can offer connections and opportunities to the Hispanic community that can help contractors grow, conduct business and make informed business decisions.
The National Hispanic Contractor's Association's goal is to help the Latin construction community to connect, grow and have adequate resources.
"Our members include both established business owners and new entrepreneurs," the organization stated on its website. "We are proud to be the largest reference of Hispanic culture in the construction area by connecting contractors and builders through ExpoContrastia."
According to Archibald, the Spanish-language courses were added to World of Concrete’s planned educational program after hearing from attendees at previous shows. “Our education attendee base has provided great feedback with the desire to have educational offerings available in Spanish, and we have listened,” Archibald said. “Currently WOC is offering eight seminars presented in Spanish that will cater to this audience.”
Spanish Educational Programs at WOC 2023
- Concrete Basics I: Materials, Mixtures and Fresh Properties.
- Concrete Basics II: Ordering, Producing, Placing and Finishing.
- Concrete Basics III: Troubleshooting Problems, Tips and Trends.
- Sealers and Surface Protection to Ensure Proper Selection for Every Project.
- Intro to Commercial Construction Structure, Costs and Digital Estimates.
- Industrial/Commercial Floor Slabs: Pre-Construction Meetings and Checklists.
- Introduction to Tilt-Up Concrete Construction as a Complete Building System.
- Improve Your Leadership, Make Your Company More Competitive and Increase Profitability.
Those seeking to attend the 2023 World of Concrete show can sign up on the show’s website to receive a notification when registration opens.
World of Concrete, which has been serving the concrete and masonry industry for nearly 50 years, connects buyers and sellers through live and digital events. Sign up for the WOC360 newsletter to stay connected to the industry year-round and get access to information that can help your business grow. Registration for the WOC360 newsletter is available here,