The company’s self-propelled mini excavator was the first on the scene in the compact equipment sector in 1968. They have upped their game substantially since then.
The two largest models, ViO80-1A and SV100-2A, provide the performance, efficiency, technology, and reliability that have come to be synonymous with the company’s products. Tight, impossible jobs become possible with their compact productivity for construction, landscaping, object placement and utility–there are unlimited possibilities. “Forestry mulching is a good example of customers using our mini excavators in extended ways. Steep terrain mulching is an application this size unit excels at,” said Buck Storlie, product manager for Yanmar Compact Equipment North America.
The Vi080-1A features Yanmar’s zero tail-swing–an innovative feature pioneered by Yanmar. This allows rotation in the tightest of spaces, making work more efficient in tight job sites such as residential construction and utility work. It is in the 8-ton-class, weighing 18,136 pounds with 56.9 horsepower. Its digging depth is 15 feet, 4 inches.
The SV100-2A features an ultra-tight tail-swing. Its 10-ton class weighs 21,550 pounds with 72 horsepower. Its digging depth is 15 feet, 9 inches. This model includes a lever-controlled backfill blade for more versatility and an LCD monitor for operating information and notifications.
Both models include:
- Four-year, 4,000-hour bumper-to-bumper mini excavator warranty
- ECO Mode: helps extend engine life, reduces fuel consumption
- Auto shift 2-speed travel design for switching between tasks and travel
- Hydraulic quick coupler allows smooth changes in attachments: the operator can change attachments with the flip of a switch while seated in the cab
- Spacious cabs with heating and air conditioning, sound-blocking and anti-vibration construction
- Five free years of SmartAssist Remote, Yanmar’s telematics system, to aid in theft protection, track useful data to improve productivity, share operational status, view daily work reports, track maintenance and streamline diagnostics
- Fuel-efficient Yanmar Tier 4 Final engine
People love the manageability of these mighty little movers. “Our customers love the return on investment from our mini excavators. They receive a high-quality product at a reasonable acquisition price that requires very little maintenance and features a low overall cost of ownership,” Storlie added.
Thanks to Yanmar's innovation, these mini excavators are here to stay.