What if you could go to the World of Concrete and gather all the people you would really like to know in the same room for an in-depth conversation (sans masks)? Think how much you could learn! Well, now you have the chance to do nearly that by checking out the World of Concrete 360 Virtual Industry Forum. Rick Yelton (WOC editor at large) and I will held interviews with a wide variety of industry leaders and you can listen in--and even ask questions yourself!
Here are a few highlights;
- Learn about running your business from Wayne Rivers, Dennis Engelbrecht, and John Woodcock of the Family Business Institute. Don't let the company name fool you, the conversation doesn't focus on family businesses or even necessarily small businesses but on how all construction businesses can come out of the pandemic ready to turn a profit.
- How do you manage your equipment fleet efficiently so that it is a source of revenue rather than overhead? Tom Christerson with EquipmentWatch and I discuss how to know what every piece of equipment costs you at any moment and when best to buy, rent, or divest.
- Legal troubles are rampant in construction and Jeff Coleman, principal with the Coleman Law Firm and the current president of ACI, understands concrete construction and can give you some tips for avoiding the pitfalls.
- If you ever anticipate polishing a concrete overlay, you'll want to hear the tips provided by Joe Zingale with CTS Cement. Joe was a contractor for many years doing project like this and has seen what works and what doesn't.
- Concrete greatly contributes to the resilience and sustainability of the built environment. Jeremy Gregory, executive director of the Concrete Sustainability Hub at MIT and Aris Papadopoulous with the Resilience Action Fund will discuss how and what we can do to communicate that to the world.
- Concrete repair materials and techniques continue to advance, from carbon fiber strengthening to fast-setting materials. Learn what's new from Peter Emmons, Structural Technologies, Aniket Borwankar, Simpson Strong-Tie, and Chris Davis, CTS Cement.
- Technology use and effectiveness in construction has been growing by leaps and bounds over the past year as we all learned to work with more distance between us. In this session Bill Wagner, Penta Technolgies, Craig Yeack, BCMI, and Henry D'Esposito, JLL, discuss why technology is being adopted so rapidly and how the pandemic has affected it.
Register now to hear all this and more at the WOC 360 Virtual Industry Forum. And it's FREE!