Over the last six years, the ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards has grown into the Institute’s premier international project awards program. Celebrating concrete excellence from around the world, the awards provide a platform to recognize concrete projects at the forefront of innovation and technology.
This year, a new “Flatwork” category has been added, and a new self-nomination option for projects that have no available ACI local chapter awards program.
Three ways to enter:
- The project must have won a local ACI chapter award or be nominated by an ACI chapter.
- The project must have won an ACI International Partner award or be nominated by an ACI International Partner.
- If an ACI chapter award program does not exist in your area, you may self-nominate your project by paying a non-refundable $500 submittal fee.
Nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
- Low-Rise Buildings/Structures: up to three stories residential (multi-family and houses), school, commercial, warehouse and industrial, etc.
- Mid-Rise Buildings/Structures: four to fifteen stories
- High-Rise Buildings/Structures: more than fifteen stories
- Decorative: decorative or architectural feature or element such as exterior or interior finishes, hardscapes, ornamentation, stained, stamped, or polished concrete, art installations, etc.
- Infrastructure: bridges, site structures, water resource structures, marine structures, other structures, etc.
- Flatwork: pavements, parking lots, runways, commercial/industrial floors, etc.
- Repair and Restoration: overlays, rehabilitation, remodel, retrofitting, etc.
Recently completed and nominated projects will be judged by an independent panel of industry professionals for first- and second-place category awards. One project will receive the Overall Excellence Award at the ticketed awards dinner and presentation on Monday, October 18, 2021, during the ACI Fall Concrete Convention.
The application form is available via email. If you would like to learn more about obtaining an ACI chapter Sponsor, International Partner, or self-nomination, please contact Emily Fogleman at [email protected] or 248-848-3162.
Entries are due Friday, April 30, 2021.
Visit ACIExcellence.org for more information.